Tuesday 2 September 2014

Eyes


















Of all the eyes
That saw my
Poems,
I was looking
For your pair
Of eyes :-)

Did you see?
:-)





He Said

He said
She's one
Hell of a girl

She makes me
Feel like Hell

She said
He's one
Heaven of a man

He makes me
Yearn for heaven

:-)

(Theme: Humour)





Keep Going

Keep going
Keep going
Keep going

Don't stop

What
Not to
Stop?

The way
You keep
Arousing

Don't stop ;-)





Let Me

Let me be
Attached
To my name
In this life
For I don't
Know
What name
Will be
Given
To me
In my
Next life

:-)

(thinking of all those writers, actors, poets, singers, directors, etc who've played their part and left the earth for their heavenly abode; God knows what names they carry now in their new lives if they've again taken rebirth on this earth; for e.g. imagine someone living amongst us and looking with awe at Ghalib or Tagore or Kishore not knowing that he or she was Ghalib / Tagore / Kishore in his or her previous life :-)





Life

Life is
Too short
To hold
Grudges
They say

What about
Those grudges
Which come back
To us, never
Want to
Leave us,
Holding our
Fingers...
Like those children
Who never want to
Go away





Let Me

Let me not
Say that I
Love thee
For I'll
Pollute
The very
Word LOVE
With my
Feelings
Of possessiveness
And jealousy...





First

For the
First time
In so many
Years, I
Really
Feel like
Living...

Why?

'Cause
Death is
So near me
That I really
Feel like living

(thinking of those people who finally realise the value of life towards the fag end of their life which they've taken for granted all their life; now that they really want to live, they realise that it's a tad too late as their time on this earth has been cut short by some fatal illness)

All Poems © Aparna Chatterjee 2014

Image(c)gettyimages.com (courtesy Boloji)

Click to read my poems